There is a very thin line in between drinking at parties, celebrationsand alcohol abuse. Excessively drinking cancause physical and psychological damage to the drinker as well as negativelyaffect othersaround him.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction is consideredas a weakness, thus many of the alcoholic s try to hide their drinkinghabit or try to undermine or minimize it. Alcoholism might be diagnosedby recognizing behavioural pattern of the drinker. Otherwise observation of the behavioral pattern is the best way todiagnose alcoholism.
Alcoholism is excessive alcohol consumption adverse resultson drinker's health, occupation or social life. There are methods, which are utilized for diagnosis of alcoholism .
• Health care professionals make use of a number of diagnostic tests toidentify hazard for alcohol addiction in various drinkers. They use various kinds of questionnaires. A few of the most populartests are Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST), the CAGE survey, and the TACE survey. There are various more questionnaires, which are utilized forassessment of level of alcohol addiction or its risk.
• Has the drinker ever sensed the need of reducing drinking?
• Has he ever been bothered by others condemninghim for his alcohol consumption?
• Has the drinker ever felt guilty or bad about his drinking?
• Has the drinker ever ingested alcoholic drinkfirst thing in the morning to ease or steady his anxiety?
• Has the person ever usedalcohol in the early morning to be rid of a hangover?
• How many drinks to establish a high forhim?
• Another technique of medical diagnosis of alcoholism is different blood tests to evaluate a variety of bodily functions. Excessive intake of alcohol might likewise be determined by presence of alcohol in blood or liver or kidney. Excessconsumption of alcohol likewiseadversely affect kidney.
• An experienced medical professionalmay notice alcohol issue if a client visits him for other bodily issues, which might result because of immoderate use of alcohol. Doctor might carry out additional tests for stomach problems, cardiac arrest, alcohol withdrawal, or cirrhosis, depending on the signs of the patient.
• Other aspect, which might show alcohol addiction, is sudden changes in behavior of the drinker. He mightstart hiding or otherwise be dishonest about his drinking. He might try to conceal about his whereaboutsand his activities. He may start acting badly at work, home or socially. It is much better to go for physical tests for alcohol addiction if any of the signs indicate alcohol addiction. Promptdiagnosis assists in appropriate treatment of alcoholism or alcoholism.
Alcohol abuse or alcohol addiction isconsidered as a weakness, thus most of the alcoholic s attempt to conceal their drinking practice or attempt to undermine or minimize it. Alcohol addiction is excessive drinking resulting inadverse resultson the drinker's health, occupation or social life. •Healthcare professionals make use of numerous evaluating tests to recognize hazard for alcoholism in various drinkers. If any of the signs show alcohol addiction, it is much better to go forphysical tests for alcoholism .Timely diagnosis assists in correct treatment of alcohol addiction or alcohol addiction.